Presented to the University of Ottawa Department of Anesthesiology – September 16, 2015
- Meara JG, Leather AJM, Hagander L, Alkire BC, Alonso N, Ameh EA, et al. Global Surgery 2030: evidence and solutions for achieving health, welfare, and economic development. The Lancet. 2015 Aug 8;386(9993):569–624.
- Price R, Makasa E, Hollands M. World Health Assembly Resolution WHA68.15: ‘Strengthening Emergency and Essential Surgical Care and Anesthesia as a Component of Universal Health Coverage’-Addressing the Public Health Gaps Arising from Lack of Safe, Affordable and Accessible Surgical and Anesthetic Services. World J Surg. 2015 Sep;39(9):2115–25.
- Spiegel DA, Misra M, Bendix P, Hagander L, Bickler SW, Saleh CO, et al. Surgical Care and Health Systems. World J Surg. 2015 Sep;39(9):2132–9.
- Hotez PJ. NTDs V.2.0: ‘Blue Marble Health’—Neglected Tropical Disease Control and Elimination in a Shifting Health Policy Landscape. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2013 Nov 21;7(11):e2570.
- Hotez PJ, Peiperl L. Blue Marble Health: A Call for Papers. PLoS Med. 2014 Jul 29;11(7):e1001682.
- World Health Organization. Medical Product Alert No. 4/2015 Adverse reactions caused by falsified diazepam in Central Africa [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2015 Sep 13]. Available from: http://www.who.int/medicines/publications/drugalerts/Alert4_2015DiazepamEN.pdf?ua=1
- Nickerson, J.W., Attaran, A. (2015). The Commission on Narcotic Drugs’ attempt to restrict ketamine. The Lancet, 385(9971): e19.
- Nickerson, J.W., Attaran, A. (2014). Access to controlled medicines for pain relief and anaesthesia in low-income countries. The Lancet, 383:1802.
- Nickerson, J.W., Attaran, A. (2012) The inadequate treatment of pain: collateral damage from the war on drugs. PLoS Medicine, 9(1):e1001153.